General Questions about Deed Poll Service UK


  • Please post your question below in the comment section.
  • Do not mention any personal information (it is a public forum) .
  • We aim to reply to you within 1-2 working days. Please visit our blog again to see our reply.
  • Your question will not show up if we are unable to answer it or if it is a legal question. 
  • We can only answer general questions. We are unable to provide any legal advice or answer any legal questions.
  • The information provided below is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.

For more information about Deed Poll in the UK, visit our blog.

Comments: 4
  • #4

    Reply to Claire Louise Steele #3 (Tuesday, 21 May 2024 16:52)

    If you have lost or misplaced your original Deed Poll, then you can apply for a Lost / Replacement Deed Poll via our website. Please go to the ''Apply Now'' page.

    A replacement Deed Poll is a legal document that proves that you have changed your name previously and have been using your new name since then.

  • #3

    Claire Louise steele (Tuesday, 21 May 2024 16:17)

    I have been referred to you via my divorce lawyer environ divorce lawyer .my name on my marriage certificate is israel-eve Eden and after marrying on January. 20th 1993 I became israel-eve steele .in 2005 I via a solicitor in Derby decided to change my name to my baptismal name of Claire Louise with my married name hence Claire Louise steele .I have lost the deed poll for that and my divorce lawyer told me to apply to you for that so they can go ahead with my divorce. The solicitor I used for the deed was called Lisa moule and she was practicing from an office in irongate in Derby Derbyshire and it was sometime in 2005. The solicitor is no longer there ..can you help please as I can't get my divorce with out this document contact number is 07767533261 or my email is Claire Louise steele

  • #2

    Reply to Adam #1 (Saturday, 11 May 2024 20:56)

    Anyone over the age of 18 can witness your Deed Poll as long as they know you and are independent of you. 'Independent' means they are not a relative, partner or someone who lives at the same address as you.

  • #1

    Adam Newman (Saturday, 11 May 2024 20:53)

    Who can witness my deed poll? Thanks