Change your Name on Driving Licence by Deed Poll

The information provided below is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.


How can you change your name on your driving licence?


Send your old driving licence along with the correct application form and any supporting documents related to your change of name to the DVLA. The process is the same if you want to change your title, for example, from Mr to Dr.


You must also update your V5C vehicle registration certificate (log book) if you change your name.


Which application form?

  • Form D1 ‘Application for a driving licence’ if you have a car or motorbike licence.
  • Form D2 ‘Application for a lorry/bus licence’ if you have a lorry or bus licence.

You can get these forms from The Post Office.


Send your completed form to the DVLA with:

  • Your photocard or paper driving licence, and
  • Your completed Deed Poll (original).

How can we help?

You can apply for a Deed Poll to change any part of your name by using our fast, simple, and stress-free Deed Poll service.


<< back to the Blog main page

Comments: 0